This year has been full of so many crazy amazing experiences, that I thought it would be appropriate to look back over the last year and show you all some of my favorites. As this chapter comes to a close I’ve really been trying to take a few moments to reflect before I hop on the plane back to the U.S. The whole last week has seemed so surreal, and I can’t even believe that in only 3 days I’ll be back in Seattle!
While I am (of course!) so excited to be coming back to the U.S., it still is a bitter-sweet experience to be packing my bags and leaving Europe. I have definitely not taken the ability to hop on planes and visit places I had only ever read about in books. During this experience I’ve learned SO MUCH about myself, and no matter what my was happening in the smaller picture, I can now look back and say “That was a great adventure.” I feel so amazingly blessed to have been able to travel the world, meet amazing people and live a life some spend their lives dreaming about living. So without further adieu, here are my top 10 beautiful memories (in no particular order)!
1. I got to see the Berlin Wall!
2. I got to visit a 14th century REAL castle (with its original moat!!!)!
3. I saw the Mona Lisa (and, like, all the original art I could ever wish for) and probably should have just moved into The Louvre.
4. I went to 3 scifi/manga conventions and met the real life (okay, Cosplay, but damn awesome) TinTin!
5. I became part of, and viewed, original Miyazaki sketches from all of my favorite movies!
6. I made beautiful friends and we made beautiful memories all over Paris.
7. I WENT TO THE VAN GOGH MUSEUM, and almost died from an art love overdose!!
8. Galway, Ireland stole my heart and Ireland won the “Most Visited” award for the year!
9. I went to Normandy and saw history in real life (also biked 22 km)!
10. I spent Easter weekend in Rome and went to the Colosseum!
11. I went to the Cliffs of Moher and unintentionally spent my Spring Break falling in love with Ireland.
12. I went to Versailles gardens/Palace and became the little Marie Antoinette fangirl I always wanted to be.
Thanks to all who have made this such a crazy wild experience. Cheers to next time!