Being an au pair anywhere is an experience in itself, but there are some things that just really strike true for being one in France. And since these aren’t things you would necessarily know if you weren’t in France, I’ve decided to share 15 of them with all of you lovely people. So here we go: 15 ways you know you’re an au pair in France:
- For gôute (snack) your kids want compote pomme (applesauce in a tube), crêpes, pain chocolate or brioche.
- Soups come in one form: Purée.
- Turtle necks are the cutest/worst thing to ever happen to your child’s wardrobe.
- Night life on a week day? What’s that.
- You know who Tchoupi et Doudou (aka Charley and Mimmo) are.
- World Cup theatrics are nothing compared to your day to day life.